Food Friday: Zucchini Breakfast Pizza
Change up your breakfast routine with this Metabolic Balance-friendly recipe. This Zucchini Breakfast Pizza is a great way to make sure you get veggies in all three meals a day!
Zucchini is packed full of nutrients and antioxidants, and its mild flavour makes a great base for any topping of your choice. This recipe is easily customizable to fit your individualized meal plan and preferences.
Serve with a dollop of yogurt or on its own. A great recipe to serve as brunch or make it ahead to enjoy all week long.
Ingredients – makes 2 pizzas
- 2 zucchini, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Toppings of choice – ex. tomatoes, eggs, sliced asparagus, parmesan cheese
*use what fits your Metabolic Balance food list*
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and form into a pizza on your parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and add your toppings of choice. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until cooked through and slightly crispy on the bottom.
Recipe adapted by Dr. Mary Choi.