Food Fridays: Hulk Smoothie
Looking for a new smoothie recipe? Check out Dr. Mary Choi’s go-to breakfast, The Hulk Smoothie. It’s fast, tasty and will give you tons of energy. It’s also great if you are following our Metabolic Balance Program!
Fresh ginger is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals and has been used as a medicinal plant for thousands of years. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can help fend off the common cold and flu. It also adds a delicious spicy kick to any smoothie!
Don’t forget to pair this smoothie with a protein at breakfast – nut butter on toast, soft-boiled eggs with avocado, tofu scramble, beans on toast…the options are endless!
Make a big batch and share it with the whole family – the kids will love it (it’s a great way to sneak in extra veg).
- 140g frozen mango
- 70g washed kale (or spinach)
- 20g cucumber
- Knob of ginger (I love it spicy so add a lot)
- 150 ml of water – or you can replace with another type of milk
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a blender – enjoy!
- *Don’t forget to pair this smoothie with a protein at breakfast*
Recipe adapted by Dr. Mary Choi.