Vegetarian Miso Soup
Recipe By: The Spruce Eats
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoons nori (or wakame seaweed, shredded)
- 1/3 cup miso
- 3 green onions (a.k.a. scallions, chopped)
- 1/2 block firm silken tofu (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Optional: dash soy sauce (omit for a gluten-free soup)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Bring water to a slow simmer and add seaweed. Allow the seaweed to simmer for at least 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until miso is well dissolved. It’s best not to boil the miso, as this will ruin some of its healthy properties as well as change the flavour of the soup.
- That’s it! Making miso soup is so easy because the fantastic flavor from the miso does all the work for you.
- Enjoy your vegetarian and vegan miso soup.
The Spruce Eats: Vegetarian Miso Soup