Sweet Potato Chicken Pad Thai
Picture and Recipe By: Real Simple Good
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 3 breasts)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, spiralized into noodles
- 3 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (see recipe notes)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 lime juice of
- First, make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake well to combine. Or, add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk well. The sauce will be thick using this method, but mix it up as much as you can to get a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Chop chicken as noted. Chop shallot, garlic, green onions, cilantro and cashews.
- Turn sweet potatoes into noodles using a spiralizer.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in 2 tbsp sesame oil. Once hot, add the sweet potato noodles. Toss with oil and season with a big pinch of salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender but not too soft, about 6-7 minutes. Remove and place on a plate.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add in 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add in shallot and garlic to saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Next, crack the eggs into the pan. Scramble the eggs and cook for a few minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
- Add the sweet potato noodles back in. Pour in the sauce and mix.
- Add in green onions, cilantro and cashews. Toss to mix and then serve.
Real Simple Good: Sweet Potato Chicken Pad Thai