Seared Mushrooms on Toast
Picture and Recipe By: Evergreen Kitchen
- 1-2 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or butter)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 10 oz/285 g of your favourite mushrooms (e.g. shiitake, chanterelles, button, oyster)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Creamy White Bean Spread (recipe here)
- 4 slices of bread (gluten-free if desired)
- For garnish: Chopped parsley
- Mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms. If you haven’t already made the white bean spread, go ahead and prepare it. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, scatter the sliced mushrooms into the pan. Stir to coat them in oil, then let them cook for ~4-5 minutes (without disturbing) until golden brown. Add the minced garlic and flip the mushrooms. Let them cook for another ~4-5 minutes until brown on both sides. If they start to look a bit dry, add another tablespoon of oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Toast bread and layer on the White Bean Spread. Top with seared mushrooms and garnish with parsley if desired.
Evergreen Kitchen: Seared Mushrooms on Toast