Curried Sweet Potato and Chickpeas
A glamourous vegan meal in half the time. With curry, chickpeas, and sweet potato, this dish is bound to satisfy your cravings.
Picture and Recipe By: Minimalist Baker
- 1 large sweet potato, skin on, cut into wedges
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage (or cauliflower)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed, drained, and dried
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- 2-3 cups of kale (or other green)
- ¼ cup tahini divided
- Sesame or hemp seeds
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add sweet potato wedges, cabbage, and chickpeas to the pan. Top only the veggies (not the chickpeas) with diced onion. Then sprinkle garlic and ginger over the whole pan (including the chickpeas)
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle on salt, curry powder, and garam masala
- Use your hands to toss each section (sweet potatoes, cabbage, and chickpeas separately), to fully coat with oil and seasonings. Add more of either as needed.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven, toss chickpeas and cabbage (separately), and flip potatoes to ensure even baking. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until everything is tender.
- To serve: steam kale or massage kale and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and divide between plates. Top with sheet pan ingredients, and top with tahini or dressing of choice. Add sesame seeds, cilantro, and lemon wedges for garnish.
Soma and Soul Wellness
Minimalist Baker: Curried Sweet Potato and Chickpeas