5 Ways to Increase Your Libido
If you’re wondering where your libido went, it’s okay there a few things you can try to bring it back. We have 5 things you can try to increase your libido.
1. GET ENOUGH SLEEP! Getting enough sleep can impact your sense of well-being, but it can also impact your sex drive. More sleep was found to increase a woman’s genital arousal. Dr. Kalmbach and associates conducted a study that measured the length of sleep and its relationship to a woman’s sexual response. Their results showed that the longer we slept, there was a greater genital response. When women slept for a shorter sleep cycle genital arousal decreased.
2. ACUPUNCTURE! Did you know you can receive acupuncture at Soma & Soul from Dr. Mary Choi? Acupuncture has been connected to increasing sexual arousal, fertility and decreasing pain. Book your appointment today!
3. PRACTICING MINDFULNESS! Stress can be a major factor that impacts our libido. Practicing mindfulness helps us to reduce stress, but it also invites us to be fully present with our body and sensations through completing an exercise like the body scan.
4. TAKE A YOGA CLASS! According to Dr. Timothy McCall who wrote Yoga as Medicine, deeper breathing and yoga can support directing more blood flow to the pelvic organs why relaxing the nervous system.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!
5. SELF-LOVE & SELF-PLEASURING DATE’S! Connecting with your body and making time to be with yourself can have a positive impact on your libido. Be fully present with your body and re-discover your erogenous zones. A few things you can do! Stimulate your senses. Light a candle or use a diffuser that will awaken your sense of smell. Put on music that is sensual and inviting for your ears. Sound can create a mood and set the tone. Take a bath or a shower, and have your favourite oil (coconut oil, grapeseed oil) ready to rub into your skin afterwards. Take your time and caress your body as you rub the oil all of your body being fully present. You can begin by massaging your scalp, moving along your face. As you move along the body you can look in the mirror and appreciate your body as you moisturize each curve. Remember the clitoris has 8000 nerves. Take your time and be fully present as you explore self-pleasure. Re-discover what feels good as you spend scared time with your body.
We hope you have a wonderful wonderful time exploring how to increase your libido. If you have any questions and need support, check-in with naturopath Dr. Mary Choi or myself Randi-Mae.
Happy exploring with love.